Ⅰ. Our Commitment to Privacy.
- What Information is Collected;
- How and When Information is Used;
- How we Protect your Information;
- Who has Access to the Information;
- How Long we Keep your Information;
- Rights to your Information;
- Effective date; and
Ⅱ. What Information is Collected.
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our professional legal services.
- We only collect information or data about you that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), or other information or data (“personal information”) when you voluntarily choose to disclose such information to us. Examples of such voluntary disclosure of personal information occur when you choose to retain Alexander Sides to represent you as professional legal counsel; or when you submit information by mail, telephone, or electronically, such as when you select the “Contact” link on www.AlexanderSides.com or submit a resume to us.
- Alexander Sides does not provide services to children under the age of 18.
- Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site.
- “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Alexander Sides does not utilize cookies.
Ⅲ. How and When the Information is Used.
- Generally: the information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website or news about Alexander Sides and its attorneys.
- Marketing: We may process certain aspects of your personal information for direct marketing based on your consent. You have the option to withdrawing your consent at any time.
- Performance of Legal Services: We may use or process personal information in connection with our discussions with you, perform legal services for you, or execute authorized transactions on your behalf.
- Legal obligations: We will use or process personal information as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. This includes using or processing personal information for representation of legal matters and satisfying any government reporting obligations and requests.
- Other legitimate interests: We will process your personal information for any of our other legitimate interests not described above. These include analyzing your use of our website, services, and setting preferences for electronic mailings, fulfilling obligations to our clients and employees, and improving our website and Alexander Sides’ legal services.
Ⅳ. How We Protect Your Information.
- The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission.
- Alexander Sides uses a third-party security vendor to protect its network and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our business practices further limit employee access to confidential information and the use and disclosure of the same to authorized persons.
Ⅴ. Who Has Access to the Information.
- Information about our clients, prospective clients, website visitors, and employees is important to us. Except as otherwise stated herein, we will not disclose any personal information to any third party in violation of the attorney-client privilege or without first receiving that individual’s permission.
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement, including in response to requests from public and government authorities outside your country of residence or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others anywhere in the world.
- We may also disclose your personal information to service providers that perform services for Alexander Sides on an as needed basis and who are obligated to secure the information, such as information technology suppliers, analytics providers, and security providers. These service providers may be located anywhere in the world and may, in some cases, be considered “Processors” as defined in Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament (“GDPR”).
- We operate our website from the United States of America and store the information we collect through our websites in the United States of America.
- Alexander Sides disclaims any responsibility for ensuring that any international recipients of your information are compliant with certain privacy regulations such as the Australian Privacy Principles or those issued by the European Economic Area. By using this website and providing personal information to Alexander Sides, you consent to and agree to this disclaimer.
Ⅵ. How Long We Keep Your Information.
- Alexander Sides retains your personal information only as long as needed for any legitimate purpose described herein and otherwise in accordance with all applicable laws.
- At the appropriate time, we will take commercially reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or ensure that your personal information is de-identified.
- You are welcome to request the destruction of your personal information by emailing Carlos@Alexandersides.com and stating “PLEASE DESTROY MY PERSONEL INFORMATION” in the subject line. Upon receipt of this email, an associate from Alexander Sides will contact you to discuss the matter and arrange for the destruction or de-identification of your personal information.
Ⅶ. Rights to Your Information.
- Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding personal information we have collected about you. Such rights might include the following:
- Know what personal information we have collected about you;
- Know what personal information about you was disclosed to third parties;
- Update or correct such information if you believe there is an inaccuracy;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Request deletion of your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information; and
- Request transmission of your personal information to another party.
- Alexander Sides does not discriminate against any individual for exercising his/her rights. However, please be advised that the deletion or restriction of your personal information may prevent you from enjoying Alexander Sides’ legal services.
- To exercise any of your rights, please email Carlos@Alexandersides.com and state your desired action in the subject line to help Alexander Sides direct you to the correct associate.
Ⅷ. How Long We Keep Your Information.
To the extent that Alexander Sides may be considered a “Controller” of data belonging to any Alexander Sides user that is located in the European Economic Area, Alexander Sides may utilize the services of a third-party Processor as defined under the GDPR. Further, Alexander Sides may be required to transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA. Countries outside the EEA may not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information. Accordingly, users located in the EEA assume such risks by utilizing Alexander Sides’ legal services on www.AlexanderSides.com. You may request that Alexander Sides not transfer such information or utilize the services of a Processor. However, please note that such requests may result in the inability to use Alexander Sides’ legal services or its website.
By using our website, you consent to our collection and use of personal information as described herein.
Ⅺ. Effective Date.
Ⅻ. Tracking Policy.
Third parties are not permitted to collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities on our website.